YMCA of Greater Seattle Assistant Teacher, Early Learning Program in Auburn, Washington
Assists with supervision of and implementing activities with a group of children in an early childhood or school aged child care site.
Assists in supervision of a group of children.
Provides assistance in planning and implementation of program activities.
Performs general housekeeping tasks. Helps maintain clean and safe area.
May prepare and serves snacks. Cleans snack area.
Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention, and emergency procedures.
Attends staff meetings and training programs.
16 years of age or older.
Current state approved first-aid certification.
- Current state approved infant/child (or community if school aged) CPR certification.
- TB test by Mantoux method.**
- HIV/AIDS training certification.
- Completion of minimum STARS required training preferred.
- Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc.). Ability to speak any language in addition to English may be helpful.
- At hire, or earliest possible training (but no later than 90 days after employment.)
** Prior to beginning child care duties.
You'll be a great fit for the Seattle Y if you:
Thrive on working in a collaborative environment
Are very adaptable
Have high ownership and strong work ethic
Are a great problem solver who can think on your feet
Truly enjoy being of service to people
Like being part of a team that cares about one another as people and enjoy working together
Want to know that the work you do contributes to building a better, stronger community for all
At the Seattle Y, we are an inclusive organization of people with a shared commitment to nurture the potential of youth, promote healthy living, and foster social responsibility. We also believe in supporting the wellbeing of our employees and offer a free Y membership as a benefit of employment.
Become a leader on our team at the YMCA of Greater Seattle where we promote a continuous learning environment and career opportunities.
Type Regular Part-Time
# of Openings 2
Location Auburn Valley YMCA - Lea Hill
Category Early Childhood Education
Address 12832 SE 312th St